September 24, 2011

Little Miss Muffin

Yesterday I bought 2 punnets of fresh strawberries for $3! And after a while I realised that I had to do something with it before it went bad. And so I came up with the idea of Strawberry Ricotta muffins! That alone sounds yummy already.

Strawberries were not the only thing I bought (evil smile). I have been eying this heart shaped measuring cups months ago but they only brought it in yesterday. It is the pretties little things I have ever seen not to mention useful as well!


Here are the ingredients to make a basic muffin mixture. The only difference is you fold in the strawberries and ricotta cheese at the end. Same concept applies for blueberry, apple or whatever muffins you decide to make.

Ingredients:
~ 2 ½ cups self raising flour
~ 2/3 cup caster sugar
~ 2 eggs
~ Pinch ofcinnamon
~ 3 table spoons butter, melted
~ 1 cup milk
~ 1 cup ricotta cheese
~ 1 punnet strawberries, washed and diced
~ Icing sugar

To make your very own strawberry and ricotta muffin, preheat your oven to a 180 degrees. Get all your ingredients ready and make sure it is a clean working bench! Also remember to grease your muffin tray if you are not using muffin cup paper. When baking muffins or cupcakes there will always be 2 bowls needed. A "Dry Bowl" and a "Wet Bowl". It just means each bowl consist of wet and dry ingredients each. So lets get cracking!

In your "Dry Bowl", sift your flour and cinnamon into a large bowl then add your caster sugar and mix thoroughly.
Made wih Love, literally hehe

While in your "Wet Bowl" whisk your eggs, milk and melted butter until well combined.

The combine the both. Do that by making a well in your dry ingredients and pour your wet ingredients in. Mix well.

Lastly, fold in your strawberries and ricotta cheese. Annnndddddd you're done! :)

Finally spoon in your mixture into your muffin tray and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.

I usually just poke a skewer right to the bottom and if it comes out clean, it's done!

Just in case you want the original copy of the recipe, you can find it here
http://www.iga.net.au/igafresh/index.cfm?page_id=2662

Thats all for now peeps, happy baking and be kind to one another! :)

1 comment:

Dino said...

流口水-ing.. :D pos laju for me xD hehe..
btw, when u wanna teach me to cook macaroni that wont sakit perut one? :(